1.1. Protectas offers protective services to a wide range of customers in a variety of industries and customer segments. In the framework of its activities, Protectas sometimes collects, holds or otherwise processes personal data.
1.2. We, at Protectas, are committed to ensuring the privacy and safety of personal data in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. This Privacy Notice provides you with general information about how Protectas manages personal information. The Privacy Notice also describes your rights and how you can excursive those rights in regards to Protectas.
1.3. We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. You can always view this Policy in its latest version by visiting our company website. The webpage is: https://www.protectas.com/en-GB/about-us/international/
1.4. If you have any other question or request in relation to the processing of your personal data, you may contact us at any time in writing at the following address: email@example.com
1.5. Protectas means in this Privacy Notice, all companies of the group Protectas (such as, Protectas SA, Protectas Transport Security AG, Protectas Aviation Security AG, and SH Safe Home SA). Protectas is part of the Swedish global player Securitas AB Group (the “Group”)
2. GENERAL DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES THAT WE ABIDE TO
2.1. Protectas highly value and respect the privacy and the security of your personal data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person (the ‘data subject’).
2.2. In the framework of our activities, Protectas aims to ensure, at all time, that personal data are processed in compliance with data protection principles and applicable law.
2.3. Processing of your personal data will only be performed for achieving specific legitimate purposes (see title 5 below, ‘Purposes of the processing: Why do we process your personal data’).
3. WHAT CATEGORIES OF DATA DO WE PROCESS?
3.1. Protectas may have to collect or otherwise process personal details of Protectas employees, contractual data, personal details of customer representatives and contacts of our customers or suppliers, as well as the personal data that (i) enables us to communicate with you, (ii) helps us doing business with you, (iii) relating to your application for a vacant position, (iv) helps us to protect our interests, such as:
- your name, title, address, email, phone number or other contact details, your language preferences, information about the use you make of our products or services;
- information about the company and the inscription that you provide on our web site;
- types of products and services that could interest you, preferences regarding contact and products, languages, bank account details, insurance, financial, credit or bankruptcy history;
- CV, cover letter and references, date of birth and/or personal identity number, your photo, criminal records, excerpts of the debt collection register;
- information related to controls, fraud prevention, internal verification and information necessary to ensure the security of our premises, such as video recording.
Furthermore, we may collect video surveillance for the collection of evidence in the case of vandalism or fraud.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
4.1. When providing our services or products to you, we may collect or receive your data via different channels:
4.2. We may receive your personal data directly from you, from another entity of the Group, from a business partner or from publicly available information. Protectas will only disclose or receive personal data from a third-party in compliance with the applicable data protection legislation. For more information in this respect, please refer to the title 6 “To whom may we disclose your personal data?”.
- via written forms;
- via the internet, including our website, online forms or emails;
- via telephone contact;
- in person to person contact;
PURPOSES OF THE PROCESSING: WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
5.1. The collection and processing of the above-listed types of personal data is necessary for us to achieve specific legitimate purposes in the conduct of our business activities. Your personal data will primarily be processed when necessary for the performance of the contract concluded between you and us, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract. It might also be processed because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which we are subject to or for other grounds, such as based on the legitimate interests pursued by us (for example, for administrative purposes, or for the purpose of research and development) or on your consent. In particular, we process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide our protective services and products to our customers;
- to improve our services and products;
- for customer administration, for example to answer requests or questions from customers, customer satisfaction surveys, or manage complaints on a specific product or service;
- for supplier administration;
- for administration and management of personnel and intermediaries;
- for management of commercial relationships with third parties;
- for administrative purposes within the Group;
- for back-up or archiving purposes;
- to respect our legal obligations vis-à-vis the authorities or in the framework of judicial proceedings;
- for statistical research or market research;
- for (direct) marketing purposes;
- for combating unlawful and fraudulent acts;
- for dispute management;
- for protection of society, own sector or organization;
- for account management;
- for credit approval and management;
- for global overview of clientele.
6. TO WHOM WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
6.1. Please note that Protectas may disclose your personal data to another entity within the Group, our agents, representatives or other intermediaries in order to achieve one of the above-mentioned purposes (see title 5 above, ‘Purposes of the processing: Why do we process your personal data’).
6.2. Other recipients of your personal data may also include our service providers or business partners, such as:
6.3. In some specific circumstances, we may also disclose your personal data to government, public authorities, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies, when compelled to do so.
6.4. Protectas will only disclose your personal data to parties providing sufficient guarantees to ensure the protection of your data and the realization of your rights as data subject (see title 99 below, ‘What are your rights as data subject?).
- IT service providers;
- marketing service providers;
- claims management service providers;
- analytic consultants;
- data storage service provider;
- research and development organizations;
- if Protectas purchases or sells a company or company assets, Protectas may disclose your personal data to a potential buyer or seller of such company or company assets;
- if Protectas or a substantial part of Protectas assets is acquired by a third party, your personal data may be disclosed to that third-party buyer.
7. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF SWITZERLAND
7.1. Protectas always strive to process your personal data within Switzerland or a Country deemed by the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) to have legislation ensuring an adequate level of protection. However, in order to achieve one of the above-mentioned purposes, your personal data may have to be transferred to other countries.
7.2. In such case, Protectas will take measures to ensure your data have an appropriate level of protection.
8. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
8.1. Protectas undertakes to comply with the storage limitation principle. In that perspective, we will not store your personal data for longer than necessary for the performance of our contract and/or for achieving one of the other above-mentioned purposes (see title 5 above, ‘Purposes of the processing: Why do we process your personal data’). Please notice that Protectas may also be legally obliged to store your personal data for a minimum time period to comply with legal requirements.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS DATA SUBJECT?
9.1. Protectas will use its best endeavors to ensure the respect and the realization of your rights as data subject, such as listed below.
9.2. As data subject you have the right to:
9.3. You may also have other rights depending on the applicable law, such as the right to data portability.
9.4. When contacting us for exercising one of the above-mentioned rights, please attach a copy of your identity card or passport, so we can check that the request comes indeed from you.
- access your data. If you request a copy of your data by electronic means, and unless otherwise requested, we will provide you all relevant information in a commonly used electronic form.
- rectification by having incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant personal data about you corrected.
- be forgotten, by having your personal data deleted. Please note that we are not obliged to delete the personal data if we can show that the processing is necessary, for example, for compliance with a legal obligation to which Protectas is subject or the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data.
- object to the processing of (or part of) your personal data, for example when used for profiling or direct marketing purposes.
- request a restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain conditions.
- withdraw your consent. When processing is based on your consent, you remain free at all time to withdraw your consent.
10. HOW DO WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Protectas highly value the security of your data. We, at Protectas, take all the necessary administrative, technical and organizational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal data and to protect your personal data against unauthorized or accidental access, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Data Protection Officer
Rue de Genève 70
We encourage you to review and check our website regularly for any updates to this Privacy Notice.
Protectas Privacy Notification was last updated 31st of October 2018. The latest online version will apply.